Saturday, February 28, 2009

Discovering new things.....

Getting my sewing machine, my sister and I visited Joanne Fabrics. That was heaven. Then I started finding all of these things on line, this separate world of creative sewers (many of them are moms). Etsy, Burda Style, and other genius women who create, design, and share amazing ideas on their blogs. I'm so thrilled and I can't wait to start some things. I think I'm going to begin a "to do" folder/binder and print out ideas just so I don't forget. So, let the fun begin! I'm so glad I'm on spring break and have time to do this! Oh, so back to the "heaven" thing. Joanne Fabrics is not my go to anymore. Once I discovered designer fabrics I don't know if I can go back. I mean, they're still great for thread, simple patterns, plain fabrics, and so much more, but for interesting, fashionable, wonderful, delicious fabrics, no more Joanne's. So now to get started....


Anna Maria Horner's Good Folks line. I'm drooling over my computer currently. I cannot wait to get my hands on a few yards of these! Oh the ideas that come up!

Oh wait, I'm still working on Kylee's doll for her birthday party this weekend. All of the easy gifts from Dave and I have been given. Okay, so motivation is here to finish it. I'll post pictures of my progress tonight. In the meantime, check out those sites and share any that you all know of please!

No comments:

Post a Comment